Neighborhood Preservation Program (NPP)
Attention - New NPP Applicants
Due to high demand, we are not accepting new applications for the program at this time. Please check back for updates.
Owners of mobile and manufactured homes may still apply for grant funding, up to $10,000, through Habitat for Humanity’s Home Repair program.
Program Documents and Application
- 1% simple interest, amortized loan, up to $70,000
- 1% simple interest, deferred loan, up to $70,000
- You must have a gross income which does not exceed the program limits below;
|Household Size||Income Not to Exceed|
- You are owner-occupant of a single-family home, duplex, or stationary mobile home;
- You have owned and occupied the property for at least six months prior to applying (and will occupy the rehabilitated home, as your principal place of residence, until the loan has been repaid);
- Your house must be in need of eligible rehabilitation work (as determined by staff interpretations of program guidelines);
- Your assets must not exceed $50,000. The asset limit is $100,000 if you are over 62 or disabled. Assets include bank accounts, stocks, or real estate interests; and
- The indebtedness on your home (after our loan is provided) does not exceed 90% of its appraised value.
- Your home may not be in a Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA), where the National Flood Insurance Program’s floodplain management regulations must be enforced. SFHA includes Zones A, AO, AH, A1-30, AE, A99, Ar/A1-30, AR/AE, AR, AO, AR/AH,AR/A, VO, V1-30, VE, and V. Please see www.fema.gov/flood-zones for more information.